Ashton Estate, Ashton, Northamptonshire.

Since 2012 MAS have been involved with the archaeology of the Ashton Estate, Ashton, Northamptonshire. This estate was purchased by Lionel Rothschild in 1860 and later developed by his son Nathaniel Mayer, 1st Lord Rothschild, who transformed it into a model farm and was responsible for many of the estate’s revival style Grade II Listed buildings.

Re-development and modernisation to many of the Estates Listed properties has seen MAS conducting a number of archaeological interventions across the estate, including; watching briefs, Level 2 and 3 historic building surveys, most notably the impressive revival style water tower, model farm buildings of Chapel Farm and Ashton Wold House.

Photograph of Ashton Water Tower

Ashton Water Tower

Photograph of Ashton Wold House

Ashton Wold House

Photograph of Victorian Stabling Chapel Farm, Ashton

Victorian Stabling Chapel Farm Ashton

Photograph of The Great Barn Chapel Farm Ashton

The Great Barn Chapel Farm, Ashton

Elevation drawings of Ashton Water Tower

Ashton Water Tower